Probably the best fruit to eat before bedtime is cherries. A cherry has a high level of melatonin, which helps sleep, but it also contains a high amount of vitamins so its good for you too. Bananas and Tomatoes also contain levels of Melatonin, but not nearly as high as cherries, so both of those are also good. Melatonin has regulate the body’s cycle or circadian rhythm, meaning that it is easier to get into a knack of sleeping by using melatonin to regulate your body. Other fruits and vegetables that contain melatonin are radishes, oranges, apples, strawberries and kiwi fruits. However, if you are buying fruit or vegetables to regulate your sleep, always try to buy as fresh as possible and use them up within 4-5 days. This is when they are in their prime and produce the best amounts of vitamins as well as melatonin.
- What fruits and vegetables have the most pesticides on them?
- What best fruits and vegetables to buy?
- What fruits and vegitables have the most pesticides on them?
- What are some ways to put more fruits and vegetables in my diet?
- What fruits orand vegetables are good or could help me with heart problems?